PESHAWAR: Five people were injured in an explosion due to gas leakage in the Hangu district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
According to details, the blast took place in a house in the Aliabad area of Hangu due to a gas leak. All the five injured were shifted to a local hospital where they are being treated.
Immediately after the blast, a heavy contingent of police arrived at the scene and is inspecting the area.
Police say five people, including three girls, were injured in the blast. Relevant agencies are also trying to find out the cause of the gas leak.
It may be recalled that in February last year, a house in the military colony of Rawalpindi caught fire due to a gas leak explosion. Three sisters and two brothers were injured in the blaze.