Riyadh: The Saudi government has extended the ban on foreign travelers by taking an important decision in view of the current situation of coronavirus.

In this regard, Saudi media say that Saudi Arabia has extended the ban on entry of international travelers into the country for another week.

A statement from the Interior Ministry said that the decision to extend the ban had been taken as a precautionary measure following the discovery of the virus in several countries around the world.

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry said in a statement that there would be exceptions in some exceptional cases and that foreign nationals would be allowed to return from Saudi Arabia.

According to the Interior Ministry, the current global status of coronavirus is being reviewed and if necessary, the travel ban could be extended further.

It is to be noted that a new wave of coronavirus and cases of mutated form came to light in the UK earlier this month and have reached many countries in the world, including the Middle East.

A modified version of the virus was confirmed in Jordan on Sunday by a British passenger and his wife, sources said.

Earlier, Lebanon said the virus was confirmed in a passenger on a flight from London on Friday. More than 50 countries around the world have banned travelers from the UK following cases of the modified coronavirus.

Leave a Reply